Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A new pattern

I am pleased to announce the release of my newest pattern 
 Little Winifred


Little Winifred is named for some wonderful women in my family. It is the middle name of both my Mother and Grandmother, and was the first name of both my Mother in Law, and her Mother. Although I know my Mother in Law didn't really like her name, and went by another, this pattern is named for her. She never met my children, in fact she died before I married her son, and only by having met my husband so many years ago (I was 16) did I get to really know her. She would have adored these children! 
I still regret not quite being able to convince my husband to use Winifred in my Daughters name, we did use MIL's other name instead, but the family ties of Winifred still call to me! And so, here is Little Winifred. 

 

Little Winifred is knit from the top down using a traditional raglan construction, and features a bold plaited cable down the centre.  Including both tunic and dress length instructions, it is a simple to knit, but awesome addition to the wardrobe (if I do say so myself!). Knit in 10ply it knits up super quick!

The pattern includes both a chart and written instructions for the cable, as well as a chart counter to help you keep your place. 
 
 And check out these made by some of my amazing test knitters!!! 

An Adult version of Winifred is currently in development, and I hope to have finished the prototype sometime next week, all things going well!
 

If you would like to purchase this pattern you can see it/buy it on Raverly HERE, or you could just click the buy now button below, pay via paypal and receive the pattern in your email inbox! If and when I update the pattern, you will get updates to the same email address :)

  $5.50 US

15 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute to all those wonderful women in your life. I adore the Winifred pattern, and it looks great like a tunic/dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're on a roll! love this little pattern - I love short sleeved tunics over long tops in cooler weather :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! and me too, its how I plan to wear mine :)

      Delete
  3. Ah, so perfect for winter and the story behind the name fits brilliantly with the feature I'm doing on my blog. I think I might have to bump the knitting article up to next Monday!

    Becs

    www.bornagain-creations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so pretty! I love the simple construction and it looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely post Sarah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this pattern, great to see how others knitted it up too

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pattern Sarah. Lovely post too, you made me all teary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi from a new follower :-)

    I love this pattern, so simple yet the details are beautiful. I've added it to my queue, I think I'll knit one for my littlest girl in the Autumn :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This pattern is just gorgeous Sarah. I hope to be able to fit it into my ever growing knit list soon. And I always love hearing the stories behind the naming of patterns, what a lovely tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I currently have this on the needles and am thoroughly enjoying it. I very much appreciate the charted AND written instructions. The cable chart counter has proved to be extremely helpful since I am always losing my place. Great pattern! I rarely like to knit something multiple times but I can see myself doing quite a few of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Laurie! I am very pleased to read that you are enjoying it! Look forward to seeing it :)

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments on my blog!